You might also need
From military barracks and offices, to fine residential homes, Schlage A-Series knobs easily stand up to constant use and abuse, while keeping people and property safe. Our A-Series locks have an ANSI Grade 2 rating and come in a choice of styles and finishes that fit your building’s design.
Schlage doesn't compromise on security. The safety and security of your buildings is something we take very seriously. That’s why every Schlage lock and deadbolt undergoes intensive testing to determine its ANSI grade level:
-Door impact tests
-Warped door tests
-Bolt strength tests
Features and Benefits
-Cold rolled steel, and machined and threaded hubs prevent loosening of the lockset by bolting the chassis to the door.
-Heavy-duty cast mounting plate with specially tapped holes keeps lockset tight on the door.
-Patented door range adjuster allows quick and easy adjustment for doors ranging from 1 3/8” to 1 7/8” (35 mm to 48 mm) thick
Many Schlage locks are reversible. Hand information is necessary to ensure proper cylinder orientation in keyed functions, and finish of latchbolt and strike for locks that are to be installed on reverse bevel doors.
- Handing: Keyed functions are reversible. Non-keyed functions are not handed.
- Door Thickness: 1 3/8” to 1 7/8” (35 mm to 48 mm) standard. 2” (51 mm) to 2 1/2” (64 mm) optional extended inside.
- Backset: 2 3/8”(60 mm) standard. 2 3/4” (70 mm), 3 3/4”(95 mm) and 5” (127 mm) optional.
- Front: Steel. 1 1/8” x 2 1/4” square corner, beveled, for 2 3/4” backset standard. Optional 1” square corner, 1” radius corner, and non-UL drive-in/round face.
- Lock Chassis: Steel, zinc dichromate plated for corrosion resistance.
- Latch Bolt: Brass, chrome plated, 1/2” throw, deadlocking on keyed and exterior functions.
- Exposed Trim: Wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel. Levers are pressure cast zinc, plated to match finish symbols.
- Strike: T-strike 1 1/8” x 2 3/4” (29 mm x 70 mm) x 1 1/8” (29 mm) lip to center with box standard. Optional strikes, lip lengths and ANSI strike box available.
- Warranty: Commercial: three-year limited. Residential: Full mechanical lifetime.
- ANSI: Meets or exceeds A156.2 Series 4000, Grade 2 strength and operational requirements.
- Federal: Meets FF-H-106C. California State Reference Code: (Formerly Title 19, California State Fire Marshal Standard) All levers with less than 1/2” (64mm) returns comply; Schlage levers return to within 1/2” of door face.
- UL / cUL: All locks listed for A label single doors, 4’ x 8’. Letter F and UL symbol on latch front indicate listing.
UL437 Listed locking cylinder optional: specify Primus 20-500 Series cylinder.